- 2 Bananas
- 2 TBS Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 2 TBS Peaunt Butter (optional)
- Slice bananas (let children use kid friendly knives to slice), place in bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add eggs, mix well with whisk. (Kids can do the mixing and adding of ingredients) Then add honey and peanut butter (if you'd like). Mix well...again get kids mixing and helping.
- Adult: Spray skillet with cooking spray. Pour 3in 'pancakes' onto skillet. Cook each side evenly until golden brown.
- Sprinkle on powdered sugar and enjoy!
My kids LOVE to help me in the kitchen. I must admit that up until about a month ago about the only thing I would let them do was get the ingredients out of the fridge and set the table. Then two of my kids took a children’s cooking class and it changed the way I looked at having them in the kitchen. They truly love to cook, I like the help, it is a great learning experience and much needed tool as an adult. I just needed to provide them with the opportunity to cook and the knowledge of how to be safe and efficient in the kitchen. Now my kids know to wash their hands often, only stir/add ingredients when asked by me, what tools they are aloud/able to use in the kitchen, and how to be of help to me.
I LOVE HAVING THEM IN THE KITCHEN COOKING NOW! This recipe is perfect for all ages of kids to help in the kitchen. We started small with this recipe and now my kids can make a basic dinner almost completely on their own with my supervision!