I made my salsa for Fiesta Bunco night a couple months back and since then my friends keep requesting it at all of our get-togethers. They asked if it was a secret family recipe and although my family all does make this salsa in our varying ways, it is no secret. I do have a secret ingredient that I think takes my salsa to the next level! See if you can spot my secret ingredient in the recipe below!
- 8 Tomatoes
- 4-5 Jalapenos (depending on how hot you want your salsa)
- 1 Onion
- Cilantro - nickel sized bunch at base/stems
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Salt to taste
- 2 drops Young Living Lemon Oil or 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- Finely chop tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, and cilantro leaves. Add all the chopped veggies, garlic, salt, and lemon to a blender or food processor. Blend until desired texture. Taste, add additional salt, garlic salt, or lemon as needed. Refrigerate for an hour, then serve with your favorite tortilla chips!
- *Side note: If you'd like to make pico de gallo instead of salsa just finely chop everything and combine in a bowl, chill and serve!
I highly suggest taking this to your next bbq or potluck! Your friends will be begging you to bring it every time!
*Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional. I am just blogging about my own experiences and results. I only use Young Living Essential Oils and we choose to take them internally like the recipe above.