In my house we love dinners that are simple to make and fun to eat…meaning we get to use our hands. Chicken salad sandwiches fit the bill for both! This is a family favorite in our house!
- 2 lbs thawed chicken breasts
- 2 Apples
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 2 TBS Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 cups Mayo
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bread, rolls, or crescents of your choice
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add chicken breast, cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely.
- Meanwhile finely chop apples and celery.
- Chop the chicken into small chunks. Place in a medium bowl, add apples, celery, lemon juice, and mayo.
- Mix well then add salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 10 min to 12 hours (depending on when you are serving it).
- Serve the chicken salad on your choice of bread, garnished with fresh lettuce!
My family likes to serve this on sweet rolls or crescents but it is just as good on buns or any bread you choose. This can be made in the morning and served for dinner that night or made right before dinner, whatever is best for your family!
**This is also great with pear, grapes, and carrots if you have them on hand instead of celery and apples! Try mixing it up and trying a different combination of produce in your salad mix!
Linking up with other Texas Bloggers this month with Oven Free Recipes! Check out what they’ve got cooking up this week…
Bacon Tortilla Roll Ups – The Late Farmer
Homemade Caramel Ice Coffee – The Life of the Bucks