It is supposed to by 106 degrees at my house today so I am avoiding using my oven all month to help keep the house cool. Here is a good recipe that is quick to put together and only requires a little time standing over the stove.
- 4 cups noodles (any noodles will work but my kids like the shell ones)
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups Ranch Dressing
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bacon bits
- Shredded cheese
- Diced tomatoes
- Cook the noodles as directed on package. While they are cooking mix chicken, corn, peas, and carrots in a large bowl, place in fridge.
- Once noodles are cooked run cold water over them then strain very well. Add the noodles to the large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the noodles, veggies, and chicken. Add salt and pepper then mix well. Place in fridge for 30 minutes then serve chilled with your choice of toppings!
Linking up with other Texas Bloggers this month with Oven Free Recipes! Check out what they’ve got cooking up this week…
Passion Iced Tea Lemonade – The Late Farmer
Basil Pesto Butter – The Life of the Bucks
Chick Pea of the Sea Pasta Salad – The Vegan Bee
Pork and Quinoa Spring Rolls – Happy Accidents Happen