- 4lbs Chicken Breast (boneless & skinless)
- 3 cups salsa (Fresh or your favorite variety of salsa!)
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Onions
- Sliced Black Olives
- Black or Pinto Beans
- Spanish Rice
- Place chicken breasts in the crock pot, then pour the salsa over it.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6 (I put my chicken breasts in frozen and cook all day).
- Shred chicken in the crock pot and it's ready to eat!
- It is great in a tortilla with your choice of toppings for a yummy chicken taco! Other variations would be to serve over brown rice, in a taco shell or on a tostada shell, or even served in enchiladas. It is a really versatile way to prepare chicken so get creative!
My chicken was so tender it just fell apart when I stirred with a fork but if you are looking for a quick way to get your chicken shredded check out my post HERE!!
Also check out the other crock pot recipes that some of my favorite bloggers came up with.